Login to Complete an Application or to Access Reviewing Panel
2023 Innovation in Conservation Award
The Innovation in Conservation Award recognizes a park or recreation agency that is leading an innovative project or program that creates a localized solution for addressing global or regional environmental challenges.
The nomination deadline is March 24, 2023.
- Must be a current member of NRPA (Membership can be as an agency member, the agency director, or program director)
- The agency:
- Is leading a project or program that creates a localized solution for addressing a global or regional environmental challenge
- Demonstrates a commitment to environmental stewardship and long term health of the environment
- Demonstrates a commitment to educating and activating the public around environmental and conservation concerns
- Use best conservation practices within the project or program
- All programs or projects submitted with this application must have been implemented since January 1, 2022 -- i.e. between January 1, 2022 and the submission deadline of March 24, 2023.
- Completed application form
- Testimonial from a community member (non-staff) about impact of project/program.
- One additional supplemental item which highlights the effects and achievements of the project/program.
- Relating photograph(s)
- All submissions must be received by NRPA no later than 11:59 p.m. EST on March 24, 2023. NRPA will not return any materials submitted with the application.
- The official NRPA application form must be used in submissions.
- Applicants must have or create an NRPA login account to complete an application.
- All materials must be submitted electronically using this survey format.
- Supplemental material file types include .pdf, .doc, .docx, .jpg or .jpeg as noted on form.
- Each project or program can only be submitted for one of the four innovation awards.
- Submission is automatically disqualified if it does not meet criteria, submission instructions, or if the responses are over the word limit.
- This format has a save and continue feature that is located in the banner at the bottom of the question pages.
Terms and Conditions:
- NRPA reserves the right to disqualify an application if in NRPA’s sole discretion it determines that the application does not contain truthful information, is contrary to the standards or policies of NRPA, or violates applicable laws, or if the nominee acted contrary to the standards or policies of NRPA, or violated applicable law or could reflect negatively on NRPA.
- NRPA reserves the right to revoke any award or prize if in NRPA’s sole discretion it determines that the awardee acted contrary to the standards or policies of NRPA or acted in violation of applicable laws or could reflect negatively on NRPA.
For more information, contact the NRPA Awards Program at email@example.com.